Educating For Eternity
Good Shepherd Christian Academy is an Indiana Choice School and accepts payments through the voucher program for those who qualify.
Good Shepherd Christian Academy Programs include ....
* 3 - 4 Year Old Preschool class-5 days from 8:00-11:30
* Full day Kindergarten Prep (4 & 5 years olds) Going into Kindergarten following year
* Full Day Kindergarten - must be 5 by August 1 of incoming year
* Elementary - Grades 1st through 6th
Good Shepherd Christian Academy provides......
Academic excellence through a Biblical world-view prospective:
* Pre reading and reading skills with a strong phonetic emphasis
* Title One Literacy Groups
* Daily 5 Reading Program
* Developmental approach to basic arithmetic
* Development of abstract thinking
* Hands-on science activities
* Fundamentals of the English language
* Development of listening and speaking skills
* Community Education and Social Studies, Art, Music and Physical Education
* Beginning Computer Skills
* Bible Study and Memory work
* Evaluation and testing: Terra Nova, ISTEP+, IREAD, Dibels
* Hot Lunch Program
Good Shepherd Christian Academy partners with family and church to provide a Christ-centered, Biblically based education emphasizing academic excellence and character development.
Our goal is to provide an educational environment that is spiritually based, emotionally encouraging, physically safe, and intellectually challenging. We believe a child has the best opportunity for success when home, church and school are working together in harmony towards these ends.
Our Philosophy In Practice
All teachers and assistants must give testimony of personal faith in Christ, be a Christ-like example to the students in all areas of life, and be faithful in attendance and involved in a Christian church; Curriculum is based on and interpreted in the light of God's revealed Word
We are seeking a Director of Curriculum and Instruction, whose educational mission is to enhance teaching and learning in a Christian environment. This individual is responsible for planning, delivering, assessing, and ongoing improvement of standards based curriculum and instruction programs for grades K-6. We anticipate candidates with superior content knowledge to ensure that curriculum and instruction is aligned to state standards. This individual will report to the school administrator and board of directors.
- Assume responsibility for student achievement and create that expectation for all school staff and faculty by leading a dynamic professional learning community that embraces accountability and outstanding student results;
- * Lead instructional staff on the use of data to drive student achievement and hold staff accountable for adjusting instruction for continuous improvement;
- * Ensure teachers understand and apply appropriate grade level/academic instruction, design and execute unit plans and performance assessments that provide for measurable outcomes;
- * Planning professional development and model exemplary lesson planning and delivery;
- * Coach and develop teachers on how to design rigorous and relevant formative and summative assessments to effectively measure progress and mastery;
- * Manage curricular materials and textbook selection processes used in educational programs in the school;
- * Support teachers with curriculum maps and alignment to the State Standards;
- * Collaborates with administrator to provide literacy solutions;
- * Performs periodic classroom visitations, assists teachers in the improvement of instructional performance, performs periodic binder reviews and monitors improvement.
- * Responsible for all standardized testing, progress monitoring and tiered interventions;
- * Facilitates grade level and/or subject area team meetings;
- * Serves as a resource in identifying reading needs, adapting instructional techniques, and implementing reading strategies across the curriculum;
- * Assists with the development of school literacy initiatives;
- * Collects, analyzes, and reports school and student benchmark data;
- * Initiates and maintains effective liaisons with district and professional associations to maintain a current knowledge of reading and instructional best practices;
- * Assist with classroom teaching duties as needed;
- * Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university and valid teaching certificates as appropriate;
- * Minimum of five (5) years of K-6 teaching with demonstrable positive impact on achievement;
- * Demonstrated evidence of involvement in school activities involving leadership responsibilities;
- * Successful results of criminal and employment background check;
- * Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent communication skills;
- * Knowledge of essential components of school innovation;
- * Understanding of state and federal requirements related to curriculum.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact the school 812.663.2410 for more information and how to apply for this position.