Educating For Eternity
Good Shepherd Christian Academy is an Indiana Choice School and accepts payments through the voucher program for those who qualify.
Good Shepherd Christian Academy Programs include ....
* 3 - 4 Year Old Preschool class-5 days from 8:00-11:30
* Full day Kindergarten Prep (4 & 5 years olds) Going into Kindergarten following year
* Full Day Kindergarten - must be 5 by August 1 of incoming year
* Elementary - Grades 1st through 6th
Good Shepherd Christian Academy provides......
Academic excellence through a Biblical world-view prospective:
* Pre reading and reading skills with a strong phonetic emphasis
* Title One Literacy Groups
* Daily 5 Reading Program
* Developmental approach to basic arithmetic
* Development of abstract thinking
* Hands-on science activities
* Fundamentals of the English language
* Development of listening and speaking skills
* Community Education and Social Studies, Art, Music and Physical Education
* Beginning Computer Skills
* Bible Study and Memory work
* Evaluation and testing: Terra Nova, ISTEP+, IREAD, Dibels
* Hot Lunch Program
Good Shepherd Christian Academy partners with family and church to provide a Christ-centered, Biblically based education emphasizing academic excellence and character development.
Our goal is to provide an educational environment that is spiritually based, emotionally encouraging, physically safe, and intellectually challenging. We believe a child has the best opportunity for success when home, church and school are working together in harmony towards these ends.
Our Philosophy In Practice
All teachers and assistants must give testimony of personal faith in Christ, be a Christ-like example to the students in all areas of life, and be faithful in attendance and involved in a Christian church; Curriculum is based on and interpreted in the light of God's revealed Word